Alexandra is an Olympic speed skater, cyclist and personal trainer, currently living and training in Europe. She competes in the 500m, 1000m and 1500m distances on the ice, as well as track cycling.
Alexandra started skiing, skating and playing tennis at the age of 2, and immigrated with her family to Toronto, Canada in 2001. Alexandra’s mother was Romanian national champion in ’86, and encouraged Alex to pursue her dreams of representing Canada on the world stage.
Dream became reality when Alex represented Canada at Junior World Championships 2011, and later made her debut on the Canadian National Team and World Cup Circuit in 2014. She has since competed in 2 World Sprint Championships and over 48 World Cup races, and 1 Olympics.
While Alex is not busy training, she is writing training programs for her clients through her business "Body By Alex", cooking or working on her cookbook she will be publishing. She is a big fan of Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones, and you can find her traveling to see them whenever they tour.
- Height: 5’7″ / 170cm
- Weight: 125lbs / 56kg
- Birth date: 1991/10/21 SIBIU, ROM
- Boots: Apex Custom
- Music: Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, KYGO, Chopin
- Food: Sushi, Korean BBQ
- Favourite Rink: Collalbo, Italia
- Languages: Romanian, German, English, French
- Hobbies: Skating, cooking, painting, road cycling, tennis, skiing, coffee
- Random Facts: Loves orange and wants to open a coffee shop
- 2018 Winter Olympic Games
- 2018 World Sprint Championships, China, 18th place
- 2017 World Sprint Championships, Calgary, 28th place
- 2018 National Record Holder 500m & 1000m Romania
- 2014 Gold 500m Canadian Championships – overall
- 2014 Silver 1000m Canadian Championships – overall
- 2014 500m track record in Canada Cup 3
- 2011 Team Canada World Junior Championships